lilypie

Lilypie

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Magnetic Personality

I've always loved fridge magnets. I've collected many over the years, and I've received many of them as gifts. Not many of them are suitable for a younger audience. Ever since Makeda has been on the way, every time my father comes to visit, he dutifully scopes out the fridge and methodically removes the most offensive, stacking them neatly on the top of the fridge. Just as methodically, once he's gone I place them all carefully back in the right place. Here is a small sample:











This has always been my favourite:


Now that I've moved into my new place, I've had to make some "sacrifices". The new fridge is pretty small, and to continue showing off my collection, I've had to remove all the pictures that they used to hold up. But once in awhile, something fridgeworthy comes along, like this little number that arrived in the mail today, and i have to make some room...


Welcome li'l miss elsa! And that's some nice stripey leggings you're wearing today.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!! Fridge-worthy!!! That is almost as high praise as "sponge-worthy". :-)

You rock. And I love your magnets, btw.

hazel said...

Love the magnets - especially the 50's ones. I've been collecting those sayings. I'm thinking of decorating the downstairs powder room with them (up high out of child view, of course).

I HOPE I also get a fridge-worthy Elsa card in my mailbox real soon!

Tasha Kent said...

love the magnet and love the announcement!!

Yoli said...

OH I LOVE THOSE MAGNETS!!!!!