lilypie

Lilypie

Monday, April 28, 2008

The Shoe Drops

So, for every adoptive parent, there is a time during the process when the whole thing starts to become real. This point might come when your dossier leaves Canada, or when your referral arrives. Perhaps even when Court approval is received, or when the plane ticket is booked. But for me, although these were all great milestones, none of them said "Baby you're going to have a baby" quite like...



yup, it was the carseat.

But it's not all a lost cause. On the same day I had the car seat installed, I got THIS baby outta storage. mmmm mmmm. And y'all can place all the bets you want on how long I hang onto it 'cause I AIN'T SELLING IT!






10 comments:

Gina said...

I totally know what you're saying about the car seat Barbara! I felt the same way. Driving around with a car seat in the back, doing shoulder checks and imagining my daughter sitting there, it all hit home! Why would a car seat hold that much power? Why not the crib? Let me know if you have the answer to that one!

And the motorcycle? How about a side car for Makeda?

Anonymous said...

Yep, the carseat is a BFD. I couldn't bring myself to install mine until about 2 days before I left for Ethiopia. And even then it was a jarring sight every time I got into my car... like I was getting into someone else's car!

So excited for you that it's all becoming more real

(and sweet bike, btw)

Tasha Kent said...

You can still travel a deux on your motorcycle. I think some rope and a few girl scout knots should do the trick along with screaming 'hold on tight baby!! momma's got the pedal to the metal.'

Tanya said...

Yup, the car seat does that...

hazel said...

Sweet ride!!

I'm sure helmets come in baby size. I'm with Gina - maybe you can attach one of those sidecars to your bike. I'm sure it will look just as cool...

I can't wait to install a carseat. Partially because I can't wait to see it everytime I shoulder check. But also because I'm hoping I get a HOT fireman to check it's properly installed.

Have you walked past your vehicle in the parking lot yet? Thinking it belonged to someone with kids?

Tanya said...

Just wanted to say Tag! you're it! Check my blog! I hope you can play along

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you got the car seat! Now you just need the sidecar for the bike! Although I think that isn't in keeping with the ducatti image ... but why not forge new ground?

Barbara said...

Auntie Leslie, you are more of a harley chick then a ducati babe, and harley has sidecars. So maybe you should go get that class 6 of yours and we can ride as a happy threesome.

Tami said...

Keep the motorcycle!!!!!!!!!

QB said...

Cant you affix the carseat to the back,instead of a sidecar?