lilypie

Lilypie

Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Miracle


Yes. It's me. Posting. On a Blog. Also referred to as Peer Pressure. And perhaps Vanity, since I've yet to show off a picture of my own sweet girl. So, let's get this party started. This is me. I'm about 6 weeks away from my travel date to pick my beautiful daughter, Makeda. This is Her. I've been working diligently to meet my baby girl for just over a year now, and a lot of people have joined me on my journey. Some of them, I've known forever, and look forward to introducing over time. Some of them, I've met through the internet. All of them have enriched my life beyond measure. These are my parents - my #1 fans and fellow travel companions to
Addis. None of this would have happened, or been nearly as much fun, without them.









These are my boys. We've been together forever. They're cute, they're spoiled, and they're in for one hell of a shock.

This is my favourite toy. It comes of out storage tomorrow.


And that is my exploratory trip into bloggerdom. Let the games begin....

13 comments:

hazel said...

FIRST!!!!!!!!!

Are those enough exclamation points to convey my excitement at YOUR BLOG!!

WOMAN, I didn't expect you to really do it. It is so cool that you have.

Welcome to Blogland, Barbara. I'm going to add your blog to my blogroll asap.

p.s. you are the spitting image of your mother.

hazel said...

Great title by the way!

Anonymous said...

Oh YAY YAY YAY!!

I'm thrilled that you decided to throw your hat into the blogosphere. And I'm so excited that I'll now get to stalk you on your adoption process. :-)

And I agree with Haze - great title!!

Tasha Kent said...

Ohhh.. peer pressure really starts around post 15.

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you have a blog. Your little girl is just beautiful.

RamblingMother said...

Congrats on the adoption!! your daughter is precious!!

Found you on Haze's blog via Tasha!

Lindsay said...

I look forward to reading as I'm from Canada as well and considering adoption in the (near) future.

Anonymous said...

Congratulatons on Makeda! That is so exciting. Thanks for sharing her photo. You can see how big my Baby has become since I adopted him in 2002 on my blog.

Sylvia

Tanya said...

I found you Via Hazel as well!
Hi!!! Welcome!! and Congrats!!

Gina said...

Welcome to blogging Barbara! Better get a few posts in before Makeda arrives home! Computer time will be a tad cut down after your sweetie is in your arms (and rightly so). Can't wait to read more!

Gina

Barbara said...

All these Calgarians!! Where's the Vancouverites???

Anonymous said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

I am so so glad for you, you'll be and you are a FANTASTIC mom!

I wish you all the best in this new life with your gorgeous daughter!
.......again congratulations and hourrah!

Anonymous said...

Good Heavens lady--It's so nice to know I'll be able to click through to your blog when you leave a funny comment at Habesha Child from now on (actually, I'll just come here directly, but you know what I mean). Welcome--and congratulations, Makeda is scrumptious!