lilypie

Lilypie

Monday, April 21, 2008

This Does Not Suck!


So, props to all my friends, family and co-workers who responded to my call for donations for Makeda's orphanage. It's not all in yet, and here's what it looks like. Wow! Over 150 pieces of clothings, about 20 bibs, 6 or so blankies, boxes of first aid stuff, toys toys toys and the list goes on. I got NINE skipping ropes. Did I mention it's not all in yet? Now the three of us just to have to carry it... on our backs... for a 24 hour flight... through 3 airports... Nope! Still does not suck. And for his donation, one of my co-workers, bless him, bought me a hockey bag with wheels, so at least one of the three of will get somewhat of a free ride. And, to cap off a great day, I got some new pics too!




6 comments:

hazel said...

Wow, that is one amazing mountain of donations!

Yay! Another picture of Makeda. She's grown more of the 'good hair'
;-)

From the 'fierce' look, I would say she'll be ready to compete with Elsa for ANTM Season 25.

Barbara said...

I'm not sure I'd call "Mr. T" hair "good hair", but you are more expert than I. Did you notice the line-up of babes in the full body shot? It's obviously picture day and they've got 'em lined up like soldiers.

TJ said...

Barbara,
Congratulations on your beautiful daughter and the great news that you will meet her soon!
We met our daughter Makeda last July. It is kind of cool that there is someone with the same name!
My email is stantara@mts.net... If you would like to exchange pics of our Makedas :)
Have you decided how you will pronounce it?

Barbara said...

Hi Tara, that's neat that they share a name. What province are you in? I'm pronouncing it Mah Kay da, emphasis on the second syllable. I know the authentic version is Muk kud da (emphasis on the first) but I thought the Canadianized version would fit well with the current trend of michaelas, mckennas, mckenzies etc.

Tami said...

What a cutie pie. I love her Mr. T look...I pity the fool! LOL

Yoli said...

OMG that child is dreamy! Absolutely beautiful. How kind of your co-workers to donate so many things!!!!