lilypie

Lilypie

Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's a J Day


This is J. And every birthday she gets to pick whether she'd like a birthday gift or a J day with a giftgiver. She picked a day with Auntie Barbie so today was our time together. Since she gets to have everything she wants, and we only get 24 hours, a lot of our time together revolves around food. When the kids were younger, I'd have a lot of fun with these food choices. Once I had my newphew so buzzed on sugar that by pick-up time the following day, he was running in circles around my coffee table. So, I'm pleased to report that in the first 8 hours together, consumption goals have so far been achieved. We started with our favourite Miss Vickie's sea salt and vinegar chips with ginger ale, moved on to cheese pizza, then chocolate cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies and finished up with more chips. We walked the dogs, played in the park, bought 3 outfits for Makeda and watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. We also broke the J day rules by slipping in a little birthday gift (a blue hippo l'il webkinz) but I'm pretty sure that since she owns 13 of them, mom will never notice. For breakfast, we'll be fine dining on nestle nesquick chocolate cereal which, I am told, delivers a double chocolate punch by turning the cereal milk into chocolate milk. Since payback's a bitch, I'm coaching Makeda to always go for the gifts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Your sister must be a really wonderful woman to continue to allow you access to her daughter who is normally not allowed to consume sugar. She must be very patient and understanding....a Saint, really. (get the Pun? A SAINT. Haha). But I digress....

You won't know when, and you won't know where, but as soon as the lovely Makeda can safely consume candy without choking, she will know that her Auntie's pockets will always be stuffed with it, just for her.

Before meeting a new nanny, before meeting a new teacher, before meeting the new man in her Mother's life.....candy, candy, candy. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it.

And yes, pay back IS a bitch. Did I mention I won't be picking J up until next week? HA

hazel said...

LOL!! Being an Aunt is awesome and J must really adore you.

Your last line made me laugh out loud until I read j's mother's comment. Poor Barbara. You've been busted.