lilypie

Lilypie

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Show Me the Money

I don't really think there's much need to editorialize this so I'll just let you read it yourselves. The only thing I'll add is that it's very kind of the Board members to share all this with us. It's created a nice record of their apparent gross negligence in supervising the management of this agency which they were seemingly unaware it was their obligation to do. I especially liked the part where they were completely unaware of how much the CEO of the organization who reports directly to them, was paid. Bravo, volunteers, bravo. May you be held to the same level of accountability as our erstwhile CEO and her ex-hubby.

8 comments:

Dianne said...

That part had me completely floored too.

I used to audit a lot of NPO's. They ALL required board approval of executive salaries. Did these guys really think that having a board was just a formality?

hazel said...

This is gross negligence and just plain gross. Now there is also some tawdry affair to add to the mix? If it wasn't such a real-life nightmare it would make for a great CBC TV movie or soap opera.

I know next to nothing about board member responsibilities, but even I would think they should have seen at least the salaries from the get go.

Tasha Kent said...

Speechless, totally speechless. What the heck did they do at the alleged board meetings? Play bridge?

Unknown said...

A $72,000 leased car? Whatever for? A corolla would do just fine. Shame Shame Shame....

Anonymous said...

that's... um... i have no words.

Gina said...

As a former board member, I know board members are also financially responsible for the company (they usually have insurance to cover such things). Therefore, it's crazy they wouldn't know the salaries, let alone the shape of the company's books. They're usually responsible for setting the CEO's compensation. Weren't they audited annually? Sheesh, the more I hear, the more I shudder. I feel sad for the families involved.

Suzanne said...

Astonishing. And stomach-turning.

marelise said...

I do wonder what this will do to internationalk adoption. The CBC documentary on CAFAC followed by this little soap opera will not advance our cause at all.