lilypie

Lilypie

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hey It's Me Staring Back at Me

So I was doing my nightly scroll through the e-news to see if my interview had been picked up (yet) and hey! there i was! That's a bit startling actually to see your own face staring back at you on a website, especially since the interview was so long ago now, I really thought they'd decided not to publish it. For a second I thought I'd logged onto my own blog by mistake. But finally - the promised Sun article.

A bit of an update on the situation - there does appear to be some light at the end of the tunnel. The Trustee is looking at a "viable" proposal that has been submitted to keep the agency operating until those of us at the pre-referral stage can complete our adoptions. But the devil will be in the details of course. The financial shortfall will be a signifcant stumbling block to overcome. Yours truly is now the BC rep on the Trustee liason committee so hopefully there will be more concrete details soon.

In the meantime, to lighten things up a bit, Mak and I are packing our bags for Cowtown this weekend to go to Afrikadey Festival with some of the Calgary adoption posse. We will be staying with Auntie Haze and Makeda will break in darling Biset's new crib. We hope to meet Dianne and the beauteous Hana and many others that I've only connected with through blogland. AND, Marelise and Mak will FINALLY get to meet in person since I did not bring her as my date to Marelise's recent wedding, much to her chagrin. Marelise, Makeda gets her scope done at Children's on Monday after we leave, so you know I will be pestering you again for info. In fact, if you could just look down her throat while we're there, I'd really rather have you in charge.

See you all soon!

8 comments:

Dianne said...

Looking forward to Saturday!! (Now if we can just get this fricking rain to stop before you get here...)

The Hattons... said...

Maybe we will see you on Saturday!!

hazel said...

I love that picture of you and Makeda - such a beautiful poster for international adoption.

The rain is getting on my nerves, but we still have a few days for the weather to smarten up. We'll have to think about Plan B options.

marelise said...

Looking forward to finally meeting miss M and giving her a big old hug! Safe travels.

Melissa said...

I'd heard that the west was being represented by a BCer. Glad to hear it's you. Have a sweet time with the gals in C-town.

Barbara said...

Actually, I'm the rep on the Trustee Liaison committee but we also have a rep acting as one of the five Inspectors. So we are very well represented indeed!

Ranavan said...

Have fun in Cowtown with Hazel, Dianne and the rest of the gang!

Next year we might be there too :)

Gina said...

Enjoy your weekend in cowtown! Say hi to everyone from us!