lilypie

Lilypie

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Stalking: An Effective Networking Tool

I guess around 10 months ago, I began looking for some adoption connections. Trolling for blogs seemed as good a start as any to meet more of my ilk. As a result of my efforts, I came across Mummyheart. After stalking her for a bit, I introduced myself, and we started exchanging emails. Turns out dear Haze is in Calgary, where I head a fair bit on business, and it wasn't long before we were hooking up on pretty much every trip. This past weekend, I was lucky enough to have her here, in beautiful Vancouver, as my guest. She got to hang with the lovely Makeda and meet friends and family, some of whom have also been following her journey to Myfanwy. At no time did we sing. Here we are at brunch with some of my posse.

And here we are with M in her hip hop gear teaching her all sorts of bad habits. It was a fabulous unforgettable weekend - over all too soon. Love ya Haze. See you soon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love these shots - looks like you gals had an awesome time.

And that shot of M on the bike is priceless.

I am green with envy that you two get to hang out so much together!!

Anonymous said...

I meant to say I especially like the stealth Haze in the back of that last shot. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yum. Burp.

Baby was delicious.

(So nice to meet Hazel. She will be the Next Great Baby Mama!).

Evil Auntie J.

los cazadores said...

Oh the Canadians! You guys always seem to have more fun than us! :)

BTW, I am totally diggin' the hip hop gear! It's mahvelous and adorable.

Cindy

hazel said...

I wish I was more 'stealth' in the bike shot.

Has it only been 10 months? Feels like I've known you for much longer. You are a true friend.

Love and hugs.

p.s. sorry if Makeda is sick - I SWEAR I didn't whisper to her to drop the perfect child act because it was going to your head...

p.p.s. thanks for the sea wall walk and the chance to oggle scantily-clad men (albeit gay).

hazel said...

Judy, it was great meeting you too! I'm looking forward to the next time :-)

Tasha Kent said...

oooh.. were you able to clip a lock of Haze's hair on the sly? If so, please send me a lock for my collection of those whom I stalk.

p.s. great photos.

Tami said...

I love these pictures! I want to be there with you guys drinking wine! LOL