lilypie

Lilypie

Monday, August 25, 2008

Once Bit Twice Shy

Poor Auntie Mare. Ever the good sport, she volunteered to babysit on my first Friday night out since I brought Makeda home. She was good (foolish) enough to also volunteer for the following night, which was my first Saturday night out. Miss M, however, in an apparent attempt to sabotage mommy's social life, gave Auntie a rough time, tossing her cookies not once, but twice. Auntie Mare was a good sport and agreed to come back for the Saturday shift, but not without full protection. Luckily M was already in bed by then and Auntie Mare was able to take all that rubber home and put it to better use!

9 comments:

Tasha Kent said...

where did you go Fri and Sat night???

was it bingo night at church?

hazel said...

She put the rubber to better use HOW?? LMAO!

Obviously Makeda knows the score and doesn't want you to ever leave the house without her again. Ever.

Anonymous said...

I WAS COVERED IN MANGO MUSH!!! MAKEDA WAS COVERED IN MANGO MUSH!!!! NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE!!!!! COOOOOOVVVEEERRRED!!! MAKEDA HAD A CHANGE OF CLOTHES!!!! I DIDN'T!!!(luvauntiemare)

Anonymous said...

hysterical! love this - Auntie Mare is a real trooper.

Barbara said...

To all future babysitters - you are permitted to raid my closet in the event of further mango mush attacks.

Tami said...

HEY...I just looked at your about me section, you are finished with the adoption journey so you need to update it!

los cazadores said...

LOL!!! That is SO funny!

Tami said...

You are right! You ARE the only one that matters! :-) Mid...October? This should or better be good! LOL I agree it is painful though...I want to change mine, but arrggghhhhhh.

Anonymous said...

I know Auntie Mare is always prepared.

When I throw up on her, she just laughs (and hoses) it off.