lilypie

Lilypie

Monday, May 5, 2008

My Dad the Superhero

So, I have to give a public shout-out to my Dad. Ever since I moved into my new place, he's been patiently catering to my every installation whim. Picture hanging, furniture assembly, baby gate installation, shelves, you name it. Much of it was done while mom and I sat in front of the fireplace drinking. Not that she hasn't done a ton, but it was not as "installation" focussed. This last Sunday marked the end of my endless requests, with the valance rod installation in Makeda's room. Here he is, doing his best superhero imitation.

And here, after 6 months of planning, shopping, hanging, assembly and repeats thereof, is the FINAL RESULT. I am very pleased with said results. We can all see where the entire move-in budget got allocated. And that doesn't even include what's hanging in the closet.

15 comments:

Tasha Kent said...

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

Anonymous said...

Yay Dad :)

Anonymous said...

your dad ROCKS.
and that nursery is beautiful.

Gina said...

Beautiful! Aren't Dad's great!

It was great to see you yesterday in Cowtown! I wish we could have chatted more. That's what happens when you have a toddler in tow (and asking to go pee pee 7 times)!

Anonymous said...

Thats my Daddy......now when do you plan on helping ME out? My spouse is incapacitated and I have a deck to build.......

Tanya said...

That is a beautiful room! I am in awe!

hazel said...

LOVE the nursery!! It's BEE-U-TIFUL and the green looks great. I want that little pillow. I can't remember, is the chair also a glider?

Now, about your Dad. When y'all return from Ethiopia (and after he's had a chance to rest up and get over the jet lag, natch), can you please send him over to my house? I have an odd job or six he can do for me. Starting with drywalling the basement.

Thanks.

p.s. I realized something after dropping you off at your hotel the other night: you should be holding your girl in your arms in time for Mothers Day 2008 (on PST, that is)- WOOT!!!

In case you don't post again before you leave - BON VOY-A-GEEE!!

Dianne said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! Seriously... her room looks like a show room.

Happy travels!

Tami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tami said...

I love this nursery! Can you send your Dad to DC after Haze is finished with him? He needs a trip doesn't he? LOL

Anonymous said...

just wanted to put my hand up and say ME! ME! I want your dad too!!!!

that, and Bon Voyage!! So so excited for you

Barbara said...

Ladies, ladies, please, control yourselves. I said the INSIDE of the house was done. There's an outside. A very big outside. He not goin nowhere for a very long time.

QB said...

I can't wait to see pictures of a baby in that pretty room and in your dad's very handy hands!

Yoli said...

What a sweet Dad!! The room is lovely.

The Hattons... said...

It is gorgeous! It really looks like something out of a magazine. Thanks for the inspiration.