lilypie

Lilypie

Saturday, May 24, 2008

31 Hours Later...

ouch. falling asleep at desk... must wait until tomorrow to post anything substantive. Thanks all for the kind words in the last couple of posts. I just read them now. I wasn't able to access my blog while I was away, so Haze and Porter were kind enough to take my hotmail emails to them and post them on my blog for me (note to self, change password or the next post may not reflect views of the author...). Anyway, we are home safe and sound. Trip was great except Ethiopian airlines arrived in London late, and we missed our connection to Vancouver. Had to rebook and go through Calgary. Calgary immigration lacked knowledge but made up for it with big attitudes (btw Makeda has now been categorized as a "visitor" notwithstanding she is a Canadian citizen - not quite sure what impact that will have on future paperwork...). 4 flights in one day, about 31 hours in total (as opposed to the 22 hours originally scheduled). yuk. Then of course Air Canada lost my luggage. Apparently it never left London. Anyone got a spare contact lens case?

Makeda was a trooper through the whole thing. What a sunny disposition. We arrived home to a lovely crowd greeting us at the airport. Flowers and a full fridge courtesy of Leslie and Judy and tlc courtesy of both visiting sisters, one of whom will be staying for a couple of days til I settle in. Dogs are not impressed so far. Pics to follow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray - you are home!! I am so impressed you are posting.

My own trip home was 30 hours, so I know exactly how you feel. Never quite experienced an exhaustion like that (and hope never to again!)

Very happy to hear Makeda was a trooper. That bodes well for you I think.

Get some rest, and keep posting.

And definitely change that password or you may find some really interesting stuff up here. :-)

hazel said...

Welcome home Makeda & Barbara!!

I CAN NOT WAIT to see pictures of you holding your daughter. I did remember to think of you while I was away - wonderered how things were going. Sounds like it went great except for a couple of travel hiccups (fortunately not with Makeda).

Catch up on some sleep and then throw us a bone with at least a picture of mother and child.

((HUGS))


(It's tempting to write something rude for your next post, but I won't)

Dianne said...

Welcome home! What a nightmare with flights and immigration... glad Makeda was such a little trooper through it all. Can't wait to hear a little more once you've recovered from the travel a little.