lilypie

Lilypie

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Judgement Day

Yesterday was the social worker visit which will serve as the basis for writing a report on my worthiness as a parent, and sent back to the Ethiopian Ministry of Women's Affairs. Now, I actually like my social worker. After all, she recommended me as a suitable parent - this, notwithstanding that on our first visit during my homestudy last year, in response to her question "What would you like to teach your daughter", I responded quickly with "how to make a good margarita". In hindsight, I suppose that answer could have ended my adoption journey rather quickly, but I was counting on her to have a good sense of humour, and she did not disappoint.

Our meeting yesterday did not quite get started as planned - the ever amenable Miss M of course had a sick day and was rather whiney for the entire hour, recovering, of course, fairly promptly after the meeting ended. But, I didn't drop her while I was under observation, so I suppose that counted for something.

Here is a picture of the lovely Miss M whilst feeling a little perkier, a few days ago.


And here she is, looking cool in her first sunglasses, courtesy of Nancy and Bob.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on getting through your first post-placement visit. can be a bit of a nail-biter.

Tami said...

A good margarita...that's a hoot! LOL

Dianne said...

Of course that counts for something. That's all they're really looking for anyway, right? To make sure you don't drop your kid?

hazel said...

I've heard of this phenomenon before. It sounds like the kids receive instructions at the foster homes to be ill, unhappy, or out of sorts during the first post placement interview.

Sounds like you passed, though, so big congrats for that.

Now, the hat..the sunglasses - OH, THE CUTENESS!!

QB said...

She's still with you, right? So sounds like you passed. Congrats! She is beyond cute in the glasses.