lilypie

Lilypie

Friday, July 11, 2008

Duc'n it out

Remember this?

Well, I barely do. Today, however, we got reacquainted, when Auntie Mare came over to do a little baby duty while I took my other baby out on the town. Well, out to the University Endowment Lands anyway. It was a glorious sunny day and I managed to briefly get it up to 150 on Southwest Marine Dr. before the (almost rush hour) traffic dragged me down. Then I -wait a minute - my mom reads this blog and she knows the speed limit on Southwest Marine Drive - let me try that again. It was a glorious sunny day and I cautiously manoeuvered my small not very powerful motorcycle onto Southwest Marine Drive, looking both ways at all the intersections, and momentarily hit 81 before regaining control of my senses and slowing to no more than 50, tops.

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmm good. Thanks Auntie Mare.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was indeed a glorious sunny day, Barb. It still doesn't take away from the fact that YOU'RE GROUNDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!You've been after me to leave a comment. Bet ya didn't think I'd do it this time. ha ha
love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

so glad you got to take your baby out for a cautious careful old-lady-like spin. :-)

Anonymous said...

p.s. love the comment from your mom!

Barbara said...

Ma - you gotta catch me first. Anyway, technically haven't I grounded myself for about the next 18 years???

Tami said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

hazel said...

Good on ya! That must have felt great - all 50K/H of it.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Insley. If I had known she was going to speed, I would NOT have offered to babysit. If it alleviates any concerns, she did have ALOT of safety gear on.

Tasha Kent said...

Where's the bucket seat?

los cazadores said...

At least you didn't pull a Strawberry and jump clean into the bushes while the cycle's still burning fuel...

Looks like your a fun chic with a bike. I'm jealous! :)

Cindy