lilypie

Lilypie

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Great Bumbo Escape

Well, it's happened. I had her pinned down nicely in the Bumbo seat, table attached, where she could watch me get ready this morning, when I heard a light clunk. Table was off, and Makeda was rolling out of the Bumbo. I did what any responsible parent would do - plunked her back in and provoked and taunted her into doing it again. But she didn't/couldn't/wouldn't. I spent 60 bucks on that baby trap - i mean comfortable seating device -and I've only been using it 2 weeks. She can't sit up straight for more than 10 seconds. How the hell did she manage that little bit of contortion? Anyway, I figure I've only got another week or two. Anyone want to buy a gently used Bumbo? Table attachment optional...

Oh, also, technology issue has been resolved, so here's a few more pictures of the historic "Meeting Makeda" event of a few weeks ago.




I like this one best. It is an artistic rendition titled the "Mighty Spit-up of May 22nd".

4 comments:

Tasha Kent said...

She gave grandpa a baptismal by fire.

Anonymous said...

Sweet Jeezus - I've never seen quite such an epic spit-up before. Congratulations, Makeda!!!

BTW, I have no clue how she got out of the bumbo - Elsa is still very well trapped in hers.

hazel said...

That was all from Makeda?? Holy crap!!

I can't decide on a favorite pic from this set - they're all awesome.

QB said...

I'll think of your family each May 22nd, but the Meeting Makeda with buna is my favorite.