lilypie

Lilypie

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Better Late Than Never


Still having trouble sharing pics from each others' cameras, but here is a very early shot of me and Makeda, the first time we met, standing in front of the swinging bench at the transition home in Addis.


Tomorrow is the follow up visit from my social worker. I am very sick these days, having contracted a cold with a nasty hacking cough, a couple of days after getting off the plane. To top that off, my eyes had a severe allergic reaction a couple of days ago to some unknown airborne nastiness that has left me with vampire-like squinty bloodshot eyes and reduced me to wearing my 10 year old wire frame (crooked) glasses out in public. If it looks like I'm going to fail the good housekeeping test tomorrow I plan on using all this germy ugliness to my advantage to hasten the departure of any overly judgmental social worker before she has a chance to get to the dustballs under the couch.


4 comments:

Tasha Kent said...

Hope you feel better soon.
That picture is adorable. Her shoes are adorable! Everything about her is adorable.

Dianne said...

oooooh... you two make the sweetest pair! I love that picture!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

GREAT PHOTO!! And sorry to hear you are feeling cruddy. I also got totally sick about a week after being home - it all just hit at once.

Sending you good healthy vibes.

And I hope the social worker is there for the shortest time possible, and leaves with a glowing report.

hazel said...

Yay!! A mother & child picture - and a beautiful one. Well done, woman. You managed to look stellar - wearing lippy & everything.

I'm just sneaking out of work hell (it's 4:25 am - can I tell you how much I love my job?) to take a very naughty, quick blog read break and had to comment on your first pic since I've been nagging you for it.

Thanks for posting it.