lilypie

Lilypie

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Math Sucks

This morning, the bike dude came to take my toy away for the winter. As I waved good-bye, I recalled the day, several months ago, when nasty auntie judy was with me in the garage, watching as she rolled a finger lightly over the seat of the ducati, looked at me with a sly little smile and said "hmmm, lookin' a little dusty". So I thought I'd undertake a cost/benefit analysis relating to the merits of my little hobby, with the following results:

Kilometres rung up during 2008 riding season: approx 500 km
Cost to store and insure during 2007 offseason: approx $600
Cost to insure during 2008 riding season: approx $600
Depreciation incurred during 2008 riding season: approx $2000
Fuel: inconsequential

Cost per kilometre: $6.40

Size of the smile on face during every one of those kilometres...

PRICELESS!!!

still not selling it




Don't worry baby, I'll see you in the spring! Mama loves you! Stay warm!

4 comments:

writex3 said...

You just shouldn't do the math on some things...forget you ever did this.

Tami said...

I agree...there are some things I just do not calculate anymore. Never do that calculation again! Just enjoy! :-)

hazel said...

I'm glad you said to hell with the math!!

Anonymous said...

math schmath.
besides, i can't keep track when you do all that fancy metric stuff. :-)