lilypie

Lilypie

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I've Got the Golden Ticket


As you surely must know, Vancouver is hosting the 2010 winter olympic games. Since the tickets were anticipated to be in high demand, a lottery system was developed where you could request event tickets on-line. If your name was drawn, your Visa would instantly be charged an exhorbitant fee, and at some later date you would be notified by email that you'd won something. Of course, you had to do a secret log-in to find out what exactly you'd won. And of course, said website promptly went down for some period of time as 100,000 people tried to access it simultaneously. Eventually, I got sick of trying to log in to see whether I'd won any of my ticket choices. I have a "go big or go home" philosophy, so I only put myself in the draw for women's and men's gold medal hockey. Plus, I figured that if I elected to skip the whole debacle and rent my house out for that two weeks whilst escaping to a warmer clime, a furnished house WITH gold medal game tickets might just be enough to get me to the Bahamas.

Anyhoo, today I tried once again to log in, and this time, with the other 100,000 applicants having now completed their own logins, I finally succeeded. An' guess whoze goin' (with the bff of her choice) to see .....

THE WIMMENFOLK!!! Best seats in the house! I am either in for so much fun, or so much money. la la la. HOW many bff's do i have? Probably a whole separate lottery worth.

Doin' my happy dance.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

even though we just got off the phone with you, kiddo, congrats again. Your dad's still hoping!! ha ha We've just watched the 'happy' dance again - VERY CUTE. TTUL

Tami said...

The happy dance was funny. It will be too cold for me but I can meet you some place warm!

los cazadores said...

Can I up my status to BFF?

:)

Cindy

hazel said...

Congratulations, you lucky so and so. And lucky me too. I can't wait for your phone call confirming my attendance, being your BFF and all.

Mary-Ann said...

Way to go Barb. You should add that to your POF profile.

Mary-Ann said...

P.S. I vote for the Bahamas. And did I mention my big birthday is opening day of the Olympics???

QB said...

Congratulations! As a former hockey player, I'm super jealous.

And, I love all the Christmas pictures. Beautiful.