lilypie

Lilypie

Friday, January 8, 2010

Well, Not Right Away

That's right, just to spice up a 2010 that's started out a little slow (all 8 days of it) ... we're moving. Voluntarily. To Toronto. Where there's snow. Often. And humidity. Ick. But the shopping should be an improvement and really, what else matters? But I digress. This is a temporary move. One year, tops. And it won't happen til around May so I still have a lot of time to freak out properly. As if that's not enough, I've decided to drive there. That's right, one pasty white chick, her kid and a nanny, hotfooting it across the prairies in a U-haul. I don't know why. I've just never done it so I thought it was a good idea. Don't worry - this is the internet. You'll never even notice I'm gone.

Someone declared that I must be having a mid-life crisis. I said if I was the type to have a mid-life crisis, it's more likely that happened the year I bought my motorcycle. Or adopted a child. Or took 6 months off. Or started a second adoption. My friends, the year I sit still, I am having a mid-life crisis, and you may intervene.

10 comments:

hazel said...

I love the idea of driving across country...with a child? er, maybe not... but with a child and her nanny? Go for it!

You best be stopping by on your way.

Gina said...

Toronto? Better be a good reason! That drive is LONG and beautiful. A nanny will definitely help.

Anonymous said...

OK, spill it - what (or WHO) is in Toronto?!!?

At least the nanny is coming along for the ride. :-)

Barbara said...

Haze I will definitely be stopping in Cowtown and probably spending a day at the office there to boot. So maybe a couple of days even. Porter, no man in mind, but I'm sure there's a decent selection and I intend to find out...

Suzanne said...

This has all the makings of a chick flick.

Barbara said...

Well, one of my girlfriends has announced her attention to come along for at least part of the drive suzanne, so i agree.

writex3 said...

We may also be en-route for you. Please let me know - it would be great to meet you guys!!

marelise said...

Thelma and Louise with a baby..? Can it be done?

Alicia said...

Every good Canadian needs to drive across the country at least once... It's incredible!

Tasha Kent said...

call or email me when you get there. i'm only 4 hours away... an easy peasy drive.