lilypie

Lilypie

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Belated Birthmother's Day Fozia



Thanks to Habeshachild, I have a new occasion to bookmark. Apparently, the day before Mother's Day is Birthmom Day. I love that. Even I cannot forget something that falls the day before the world's biggest hallmark holiday. Not that I need to set a day aside to remember Fozia. She's never far from my thoughts.

I've spoken of Fozia before. I don't have a lot to add. She's smart. She's funny. She's the bravest person I know. There's a picture of us together in Makeda's bedroom. I'm not going to post it on the internet, but if you're at my place, I'd be happy to introduce you. This is her, holding Makeda and saying goodbye. Someday I'll reunite them.

I hope she's safe. I hope she still believes she made the right decision. I hope she's receiving my pictures. And in two years or so, when I travel again to bring home Makeda's little sister, I hope to see her again.

Happy Birthmom's Day Fozia.

xox

1 comment:

hazel said...

Beautiful. Makeda is blessed with Fozia's love.