lilypie

Lilypie

Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Makedaversary! Without the Bells and Whistles

Also known as the weekend that wasn't. For the second time in a row actually, since my 5 star weekend at ShuttersontheBeach the previous weekend got truncated so I could jet home to my croupy child (American Airlines generously agreed to fly me out of LA Saturday night at the last minute on their last available seat for only (gasp! what a deal! US$2100)). Common sense prevailed and I flew out on the 7am Sunday morning on Air Canada instead for a $175 change fee. That was just the beginning. Over the last 7 days there's been 3 trips to emergency and 24 hours in residence at Children's hospital. 3 homecoming anniversary parties cancelled. I haven't slept more than 2 hours consecutively in over a week. I don't know which is worse - what I've just described - or the fact that Pierce Brosnan was staying at our hotel and no matter how many hours I spent drinking in the lounge, I couldn't manage to "bump into him". Somebody throw me a bone...


7 comments:

InventingLiz said...

I hope Makeda is feeling better soon and can enjoy some anniversary cake!

And sorry about Pierce Brosnan...

hazel said...

Aaaawww!! You missed Pierce Brosnan? If his singing hadn't been so absymal in Mamma Mia, I might feel sincerely bad for you. Instead I shall focus on your child. Poor Makeda! I didn't realize you spent 24 hours in hospital residence. Oy vey! I hope you make our slutty weekend - you deserve the break more than the rest of us.

Tami said...

Awww...sorry!!!!! :-(((((((((((((

The Journey said...

Yikes that sucks, I hope she's feeling better and that your both able to enjoy a full nights rest asap.

Anonymous said...

Well boo to the lack of Pierce Brosnan, and even bigger boo to hospitalization. Hope the munchkin is feeling better soon... and that you can get some sleep!

writex3 said...

Wow, you've been through the wringer, as has your sweet babe. I hope you're all alright?

I also shuddered, remembering my 2 hours of torture at Mama Mia, when I read Pierce Brosnan. But it still would've been cool to say you saw him.

paige said...

that is a terrible tale from start to finish. A PB sighting would have made for a surreal kind of ending.

Sorry your dolly is ill. Fervently wishing that this passes soon so yu both can feel better.