lilypie

Lilypie

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

No, not mine. Mine is definitely not speaking in full sentences. My boss' child, however, now HE is speaking in full sentences. And they're good sentences. The kind that issue forth from a precocious 8 year old. Spence came to work to stay with daddy for awhile yesterday.

Me: Hey Spence, got anything good to tell me about your dad?
Spence (after some serious thought): Yeah, I got something. The look of the devil child crossed his face. I knew this would be good.
Me: Whatcha got?
Spence: My daddy doesn't sleep in his pj's at night. He sleeps in his underwear.
Me: Wow! That is waaayyy too much information, but thanks.

Then I told his assistant, who also thought it was way too much information, but thought it worthwhile to pass around. I know payback's a bitch, but Makeda will have nothing useful for sometime to come and I figure by then I'll be working somewhere else.

4 comments:

hazel said...

Still, that's gonna come back and bite you in the ass at some point...

Melissa said...

Love it. Sounds like something I'd ask the boss' kid. :)

Barbara said...

nah, no biting likely. He's only recently become my boss. We've been good friends for years.

los cazadores said...

oooh karma. j/k@!

Hey Barbara, I need your email to portal you into my privateblogville!

moonofcheese22@live.com

abrazos,

Cindy