lilypie

Lilypie

Monday, April 27, 2009

Because I Don't Have Enuf On My Plate, That's Why

Recently, I made the career enhancing, social life crippling/sleep depriving, decision to serve, at the pleasure of the Board, as a member of the CFA Institute's Disciplinary Review Committee. This entails serving on hearing panels which review the professional conduct of holders of the CFA designation (or aspirants thereto). Since the entire world, apparently, revolves around the EST timezone, and all hearings are held at 8:30am EST, for me out here in Lotus land, that means 5:30am hearings. No, that is not a typo. That is a.m., not p.m. Furthermore, this is not a revenue producing gig. I am serving my CFA profession gratis. So, imagine my delight at finding out that the semi-annual in-person meeting is.... here. Check it out. AND, I'm stayin' on for the weekend, after the conference. C'mon. Admit it. You were laughing at me but now you're jealous. Just a little bit.

On a completely different topic, Miss M and I crossed the border on Sunday and went to La Connor, Wash. to tiptoe through the tulips with her grandparents and cousin Jenna.















And later this week, I have something very special for y'all. So stay tuned.

4 comments:

hazel said...

Sweet! The hotel, and the tulips, and the kids.

What's the big secret???

Anonymous said...

wow! beautiful tulips! (and kids, of course).

and seriously? Shutters? I am jealous.

and what is the secret?!?!? I can't possibly wait until later this week.

Barbara said...

Special doesn't necessarily mean a secret. But you'll like it.

gayle et al said...

Lovely pics of the girls. Yes, I am jealous - spa seductions - what is that?! Does the guy come with the room?