lilypie

Lilypie

Friday, April 10, 2009

Little Sista Update

Well, it's been a busy time recently for me, with lots of travel, both with and without Miss M. Much wine has been passed. And that was only one night's worth. But I'm back now for a few weeks. And I thought y'all might appreciate a diversion from Miss M to talk about her little sister. It's all moving along quite quickly actually. I suffered from a considerable lack of motivation in January which was when I decided to start pushing paper again. Just staring at that stack of "to do's" and "to collects" froze me in my tracks. I was exhausted just looking at it. But, I jumped back in in February, and now, HOLY CRAP, it's pretty much all done. Medicals, done, criminal checks, finito, homestudy, all over. Suddenly, it's me holding things up. I need my backyard shrubs to start blooming so my MOWA photo album doesn't look like I have corpses for plants. Photos of death are not going to win me any points on my quest for a second child. But, that's it! One more month tops, and it's time cut the - ouch - big cheque. You know, the one in US dollars, that I have to cut when our exchange rate has just hit bottom. I'd say at worst, my file should be in Ethiopia by June. Then I can stick my cheery little ticker tape up at the top and wait it out again with the rest of ya!

10 comments:

The Hattons... said...

Great to see things moving along for you! Getting all that paperwork done can be such a relief!

Anonymous said...

wow you are ON FIRE!

send some of that motivation down here to me, please.

Gina said...

Good on ya! I can't imagine pushing all that paper right now. Let us know when it's all through and on its way!

hazel said...

While I am glad to see a new post from you, I, for one, do NOT appreciate the diversion from Miss M. You should include her with her little sister.

I'm guessing your backyard still looks great, no matter what you say. You should see the gruesome scenes of death in my Calgary back yard right now. Thankfully, the bulbs in the front flower bed are coming through.

marelise said...

Good luck. A road well travelled but always new adventures to be had. Good luck on the new journey.

paige said...

You're already ignoring child #1 and little sister hasn't even arrived.

Hooray, that things are moving so quickly. Perhaps you can swing by and do our readoption paperwork for us. Only 25 months and counting...

Tami said...

yea!!!!!! maybe we can pass some wine together soon in celebration.

los cazadores said...

For real, awesomeness that you will be on the waitlist in June. I toast to you, Miss M and her sister to be.

Cindy

writex3 said...

I'll blow a kiss to the Ethiopian winds for you when we're there in June, hoping it will land smack dab on your dossier.

After following Haze's process for the past eternity, do I dare ask how long you expect to wait?

Rowan Family said...

How exciting! I haven't stopped by in a while, and it's great to see you proceeding towards daughter #2 :-)

By the way, M is looking so cute and so big! You must be such a proud mommy.

Cheers
Nicky