lilypie

Lilypie

Monday, September 7, 2009

Vaykay

Earlier today, I got back from my much anticipated long weekend in Vegas. Sans child of course. I love leaving Mak with her Gramma and Grampa as she gets so excited she won't nap, which means when I come back from my long weekend, I have an exhausted sleep deprived child on my hands who sleeps extra long naps for at least the next 3 days, thereby extending said vaykay. I could post photos, but as we all know, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. So, for all of those hard partying gamblers out there, just log off now. For all you single mamas, rejoice and express your envy at the following:

Day 1: sleep in til 8am; 3 hours at the spa; extended lunch; 2 hours beside the pool; extended amazing dinner at Bellagio; Cirque de Soleil

Day 2: sleep in til 10am (practice makes perfect); extended lunch; 5 hours shopping at the premium outlet mall; extended dinner; gambling (win $200 on slots); get on plane; arrive in Vancouver where cute customs guard lets me in without paying duty on over-the-limit purchases.

Day 3: sleep in til 10am. Get latte. Walk dogs. Daughter hand delivered with love at noon. Afternoon at the beach with lovely daughter followed by dinner with friends at a pub. Yes, I take my daughter to the local pub. It's a single mother prerogative.

And now, I shall peruse the half-dozen trashy mags left on my doorstop by Auntie Judy while I was away and try and drag myself to the gym tomorrow morning as not everything was left behind in Vegas - my ass followed me home.

'Night all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am (nearly) speechless with envy. But thrilled for you. Seriously, that sounds just DREAMY. So glad you got a break and that Mak got to spend the time with her grandparents. I would give almost any body part for a grandparent who would take Elsa for even one night... sigh.

writex3 said...

Can I be ultra-envious, too, even though I'm not single? Shall I slip my ring off?

hazel said...

I can.not.believe. you flirted with the customs guy. Have you no shame? I guess you learned that trick after the SF trip.

I am VERY glad you had a wonderful, much deserved trip and had no health issues with Mak Daddy to bring you home early this time.

p.s. did you get the customs guy's phone number? Just asking.

Barbara said...

he was farrrrrrrrrr too young.

Tasha Kent said...

your agenda is all fine and dandy with the spa and sleeping in. but what i *really* want to know is what happened from 10pm-10am in Vegas.

Barbara said...

I slept. Oh stop. You are a single mom to be. You'll know exactly what I mean soon enough.

Gina said...

Hmmm... sounds lovely! Spa, sleep, food, entertainment & shopping. All the right ingredients. The past 3 weeks I semi-vacationed avec my little one (enjoyable yet tiring). Now I need a vacation from my vacation! You're an inspiration my friend.