lilypie

Lilypie

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Never Thought It'd Be THIS Bad!

This time last year I thought I'd check out a new internet dating service (well, not new, but one that I hadn't tried yet) called Plentyoffish. And let me say that I had a pretty damn good response rate. Sort of. Volume was high, but I only found 2 guys that I was willing to date and I only agreed to one of them because he was so damn persistent and what girl doesn't like a guy who really shows he's interested? But the volume was impressive. Then I left it to focus on Makeda's then pending arrival, and now I thought, since Tessie is settled in, perhaps I should examine the possibility of getting a dating life back again. So, back on I went. Now, there was no doubt that my single mom profile was not going to be quite as attractive as my previous one. So I put an extra good picture up (get your minds out of the gutter people - I'm on the "long-term relationship" part of the site) and waited to see what would happen. I waited. And then I thought perhaps people don't log on on the weekends anymore. So I'll just be patient. Then I waited some more. And more. And then - whoo hoo - there was ONE! He hadn't included a picture, which is fairly bad form, I think, since I went to the trouble to post one. So I asked him to include a pic. Unfortunately, the guy's a total smartass. This was the picture he sent.


So I played along, ha ha aren't you a funny boy, and clarified that I wanted the picture of him, not the latest GQ coverboy. So he sent this.

Still a smartass. So I gave up. That must a new plentyoffish sign-up and bail out record.

16 comments:

Melissa said...

It's bad, that's true. I've given up completely. Well, not on finding someone, just one finding that guy online. Ask trusted friends to keep their eyes open for a catch. That's where I'm at. Still waiting, but hey, adoption should've made you good at waiting, right!? Good luck!

hazel said...

Am I missing something? How do you know those pictures are not really the POF guy?? He's cute and he COULD be real! Right?

Tami said...

Dating is tough online or offline and at any stage, with or without children at home. I say don't give up. You only need one man right? Try a different site. Go to something like eharmony. I'm determined to meet a suitable man for dating so...don't give up...he's out there and you never know he may be online. BTW...I've met some really nice guys online and creeps but it's the same face to face so I say just go to a different site and give it time.

writex3 said...

Even if, on the very slim chance, that really is him, what kind of (normal) guy would actually have pictures like that of himself on hand?

hazel said...

p.s. I tagged you:
http://forneko.blogspot.com/2008/12/tagged-book.html

Anonymous said...

I'm with Haze - it could actually be him. Of course, I'm not into blonds, but if that's really him, he's not bad.

I totally feel your pain - eHarmony has been a bust for me. Actually had a decent amount of interest despite my mommy status, but only one worth meeting and he turned out to be a bust.

Hang in there - and maybe check out smartass guy.

Barbara said...

But those pics are of two different guys!!! aren't they?

hazel said...

It's hard to say for sure due to the blurryness, but I thought it was the same guy - look at his nose.

Anonymous said...

The hair is similar too. Maybe it is worth the time to assume he isn't playing games?

los cazadores said...

I think that could be either totally legit or totally scary that he's sending you a picture of one of the singers of a boy band.

Cindy

Tasha Kent said...

ha! wait til you see my pic on singlebustygalslookingforlove.com.

cheers!

hazel said...

God help us!

RUN!!!

Anonymous said...

Other than the 2nd photo, did he give any response when you doubted that it was him? Flattered modesty, perhaps? Or did he wisely challenge you on the authenticity of your photo?
If you can't get a guy, I'm hooped. We'll be playing drunk scrabble on Saturday nights til we're 80. luvauntiemare. kiss to M

Anonymous said...

Delurking to say - I thought it was the same guy. But if you looked like him why would you not post your pic in the first place? So perhaps your bullshit meter is accurate.

Anonymous said...

I think the first picture looks like he's posing in an underwear ad. The second looks like it was taken in the Duran Duran years. I would be skeptical too!

Anonymous said...

You girls know my success record on POF and LavaLife. LOL!!!!

Well, at least I got a kiss or two out of it...