lilypie

Lilypie

Monday, December 21, 2009

Lucky Number 7

I have been blessed over my past couple of years of blogging to discover an amazing village who have been gracious enough to share their journeys with me as I travelled mine. And I’ve been even more blessed by virtue of the fact that, as a result of my work work, my work for the CFA Institute, and the aeroplan points generated by both, I’ve been able to spread my wings and meet a great number of these amazing women in person.

Work work takes me often to Calgary where I met the first of my adoption peeps, the amazing Haze. Through Haze, I met Gina. An IAMASLUT convention last May took me to San Francisco where I frolicked with Haze, Porter, Tasha (private) and Suzanne (private). Tash made that trip all the way from Ohio which frankly, I couldn’t even find on a map if my life depended on it. At Afrikadeys in Calgary this past summer, I added Dianne. And now, after a trip down (and to the right) to Washington DC, I’m excited to add Tami to my “in-person adoption peeps” list. We had dinner at Dukem, where my friend Leslie (aka one of the aunties) took this lovely snap of the two of us. Is her hair killer or what? She has agreed that notwithstanding how gorgeous she looks with that hair, she will side with Haze and make sure that Makeda does not get near any straightener until she’s at least 18.

And this list doesn't even include the non-bloggers that the bloggers have introduced me to - big shout out in particular to Marelise, Bridget and Evelyn. Love all you gals - thanks for sharing the ride!

11 comments:

Robynhood said...

Isnt the blog world cool? I cant believe how many wonderful people I have met online and it is a priviledge to share their journey and to have them share mine. Meeting some of them in person would be so amazing!! I'm glad you have had the chance to meet some of your blog friends face to face :)

Tami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tami said...

Hey...I don't have a straightener in my hair. My hair is 100% naturally curly! All I do is put it in rollers and it comes out like this, I'm sure Makeda's hair will be the same...she won't need a straightener.

BTW...terrible picture of me! Great picture of you...I'm so not photgenic.

Single PAP said...

hey! i could've come to meet you too! oh well.. next time!

Anonymous said...

you are the queen of networkers. and you have certainly gathered yourself a killer little village, if i do say so myself.

i hereby put you in charge of our 10 year IAMASLUT reunion.

marelise said...

We love being part of this village too. Thank you for including the non bloggers! Wishes for a happy Christmas form cold cold Calgary.

hazel said...

GOOD GOD I am SO JEALOUS that you got to meet TAMI!!!!!!

What a great picture. Tami, I have yet to see a bad picture of you.

Barb, I am also very happy your work work brings you to cowtown frequently, and that you and the lovely Mak Daddy are nearby in beautiful lotus land in your gorgeous crooked house.

Aren't we all an amazing bunch of women!!

hazel said...

p.s. M & Ms ??

Suzanne said...

Blog buddies rule! I'm honored to be among those you have graced with your presence.

Gina said...

I am also honored to be part of your village! Who knew we'd all be doing this blog thing and actually meeting people through adoption? Sounds like we've figured out the clue to online dating! LOL!

QB said...

You are such an amazing group of women and I am so jealous.