lilypie

Lilypie

Friday, June 5, 2009

IAMASLUT Inaugural Convention

I am a little remiss in my posting but yes, Miss M did recover sufficiently for me to escape to San Fransisco with these lovely ladies...














and we had a BLAST! A number of topics were covered, none of which by any stretch would enable any of us to write off the trip, convention or not. However, since all topics could not be adequately covered to our satisfaction, we have tentatively scheduled IAMASLUT* Part deux in Vancouver for the 2010 Olympics. Any wannabee members out there - get your applications in quickly - the number of available rooms in my home is dwindling quickly and we need to reserve our speedskating tickets. Plus, you have to be screened and approved by our founding member, the lovely Tasha and, as you her followers well know, that likely entails a full rectal examination. Be quick.

Miss M's recovery continues, slowly and painfully. The cooler air at her grandparents' place last weekend helped speed the recovery, which was promptly set back again by the suffocating air in her own bedroom, once I was back home. Temperatures are supposed to decrease a bit over the next few days, so hopefully that would help.

AND, on a completely different topic, my Baby A file has successfully transferred from Beautiful BC to the bailout capital of Canada, aka Toronto, where it awaits some final stamps and will begin its journey to Addis in approximately 10 days. Stay tuned and watch out for another lilypie baby to make an appearance.

*International Adoption Mothers Association - Single Lovely Unique Talented

3 comments:

los cazadores said...

Pretty babes you all are. That convention looks like fun!

Cindy

Gina said...

Looks like a great convention! Count me in as an applicant, for the 2010 get-together and a room with chez Barbara! Although the examination seems rigorous! :)

Hope little M is feeling better. I'm so glad I haven't had to go through that (knock on wood). My former profession as an RT (Respiratory Tech) brought me many cases of croup and I don't envy any parent that experience.

hazel said...

You should bring Makeda to stay with me - we had snow yesterday - enough to collect on the vehicles. It is presently 3 degrees.

Vancouver 2010!