lilypie

Lilypie

Thursday, December 25, 2008

You WILL Pay Attention to Me. I Am Your Mother.

There has always been a Christmas tradition at my house that the children are read "The Night Before Christmas", on Christmas Eve. This year, there was only one available child, and she is not yet so inclined to sit still for that long. But I perservered. Even though I only got through 2 pages in my lovely singsong voice, after which I had to speedread. She started squirming by page 3 and although I successfully fought her off for awhile, I eventually had no choice but to put on the chokehold. We didn't make it to the end. Here is the sequence of events, as captured by auntie judy.





And a couple of more pics of our lovely evening.












11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The choke hold is definitely the best shot. Great fun last night, I'm glad I was a witness to Makeda's introduction to this Insley Tradition. luvauntiemare.

Tami said...

Funny. It looked like in the one shot you were enjoying the book while Makeda was off...no more Mom! LOL I hope you had a great day.

Gina said...

Hey, we have that same book! Samara loves it - just give M a year or two! Hope you had a lovely Christmas with your sweet daughter!

Anonymous said...

at least you got through a couple of pages. :-) Elsa won't sit still for more than about 4 seconds. I despair of ever getting the opportunity to read her a book.

I hope you and Makeda had a wonderful Christmas (after the forced reading, that is...)

Anonymous said...

Kid's a rebel. Resist the power, makeda! Resist the power...Love, Auntie J.

hazel said...

What a great set of pictures - the choke hold one made me guffaw out loud. It looks like you ladies had a wonderful time.

los cazadores said...

The chokehold...lol! That is some strateGORy to read books to kids. Fun pics!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

You're putting that chokehold shot in dossier #2, right??? ;)

Dianne said...

LOL. She has ideas of her own. Love it!

writex3 said...

Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see there is not mention of the aunty who took makeda down the slide and then let her fall backwards at the bottom. Aunty is too old (and just a tad too wide) to slide!

Kulbir